What is a quartz watch?
The principle is that the electronic block outputs a pulse wave to the motor every second, and the motor pushes the hands of the watch to run. Because the quartz crystal can provide the most stable pulse wave, it can guarantee the highest accuracy. The average quartz watch has an error of 15-25 seconds per month, and the best quartz watch can control the error within 5 seconds a year! Change every year!
Features of quartz watches1. The hour and second hand of the British watch jumps one frame at a time, and the time is very accurate.
2. Integrated circuits are used in the movement, the structure is much simpler than that of a mechanical watch movement, and the assembly is very suitable.
3. Easy to use, eliminating the need for winding, a battery can generally be used for 2-3 years. However, some quartz watches use lithium batteries, which can last for about 7-8 years.
4. The price of the watch is relatively cheaper than that of the mechanical watch.
What is a mechanical watch?
The principle of an automatic mechanical watch is similar to that of a manual mechanical watch. The difference is that the automatic mechanical watch has a semicircular iron block. When it moves on the arm, it can rotate around the center of the watch so that it can wind automatically.
Regardless of whether it is a manual mechanical watch or an automatic mechanical watch, the speed of the internal spiral movement is different, and it is difficult to ensure that each watch has the same timing. And it is affected by external factors, time, location, etc. Therefore, there are some errors. As long as the mechanical watch has enough power to provide operation, it will stop whenever the clockwork is insufficient!
Features of mechanical watches1. The winding mainspring of the mechanical watch durable watch movement provides power and does not require a battery.
2. The time of mechanical watch is different from quartz watch. The second hand of mechanical watch runs continuously and uninterruptedly.
3. The movement of the mechanical watch is complicated, and the time error depends on the brand.
4. Exquisite craftsmanship, easy to use, can walk for more than 36 hours on foot.
5. The appearance is heavier than quartz watches, and some brands are also very thin, but they are generally manual mechanical watches.
How to choose a mechanical watch and a quartz watch?We do everything with our own purpose, and the same is true for buying a watch. Before you buy a watch, you must consider clearly what you are buying it for.
Mechanical watches are physically mechanically wound. The movement is complicated and needs to be maintained. Therefore, when you buy a mechanical watch, you should treat it as a work of art and luxury jewelry. Then the timing function that you want to be right is not so important.
Quartz watches rely on electricity to travel time, which is more convenient than mechanical watches, accurate time travel, no need to worry about maintenance, and the relative price will be more affordable.
If you are a watch lover and like to appreciate the beauty of the movement and the feeling of winding yourself, then you should choose a mechanical watch. If you just want to watch the time, then buy a quartz watch.